The mission of the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office Crime Prevention Unit is to create an active and involved partnership and provide resources and information to assist in keeping our community, families, and businesses safe. To achieve this, the Crime Prevention Unit offers tools that can be truly be effective in preventing crime. This requires addressing the causes of crime and reducing opportunities for it to occur. Prevention is a highly cost-effective alternative to the costs of crime to individuals, neighborhoods, and communities. We believe that by working together, crime can and should be prevented.
The Crime Prevention Unit provides services throughout the unincorporated areas of Sonoma County. The Crime Prevention Unit is run by one full time Community Services Officer (CSO). While normal office hours are Monday - Thursday, 7:00am - 5:00pm, this unit can often be found working weekends and evenings.
The Community Services Officer is primarily responsible for coordinating community related events such as: Neighborhood Watch meetings, bike rodeos, Hall of Justice school tours, presentations for children/teens, adults and seniors, and special programs.
Along with a variety of programs we also provide informational brochures and flyers.
For more information please contact Crime Prevention at 707-565-7398 or email CSO Jennifer Abrao at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Crime Prevention Services:
Crime Prevention Resources
Crime Prevention Links
- National Crime Prevention Counsel - ncpc.org
- National Neighborhood Watch Institute - nnwi.org
- California Attorney General’s Office - oag.ca.org
- Federal Trade Commission - FTC.gov
- International Crime Free Association - crime-free-association.org
- Fair Housing Sonoma County - fhosc.org
- Sonoma County 211 Services - 211wc.org
- California Rural Crime Prevention Task Force - crcptf.org
- District Attorney’s Office of Sonoma County - da.sonoma-county.org/