Welcome! The Sheriff’s Office is committed to community engagement with our entire community – all half million people who live in Sonoma County. We fulfill our commitment through building relationships and providing outreach and education. Our community partners are key in maintaining relationships based in mutual trust and respect. Through our outreach efforts, we provide as much information as possible about incidents and policies so you can be informed with facts.
The Sheriff’s Office approaches community engagement in three ways.
- Broad. This is more general, consistent relationship-building and outreach performed across the county. Examples include meeting with community leaders, hosting and attending events, giving tours, providing school demonstrations, speaking with groups, and staying active on social media.
- Issue-specific. This is outreach and education focused on a particular topic, such as immigration policy or agricultural crime.
- Focused. This is rapid response and outreach following a critical incident.
Community Engagement Podcast
To request a speaker, tour, educational program, or participation in your event, send an email to email@example.com. Include your name, organization, and how you’d like us to work together. We’ll do our best to accommodate your request. To comment on a policy or provide general feedback, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can reach Community Engagement Liaison Misti Harris at Misti.Harris@sonoma-county.org or 707-565-4490.
We use social media daily to keep our followers up-to-date. Follow us to stay informed and feel connected. Here’s a list of our most active social media accounts and how we use them.
- Facebook (@sonoma.sheriff): News, incidents, events, stories, and community advisories.
- Instagram (@sonomasheriff): Photos of incidents, events, and daily life.
- NextDoor: Neighborhood-specific advisories and education.
- Nixle: Press releases and community advisories.
- Twitter (@sonomasheriff): Big news and incidents